Module Title: Practice Management
Brief description of Aims and Content
This module on Practice Management aims at introducing DLP students to the practice of Law Firms. It will focus on Admission and Ethics for Advocates; Advocates’ forms of associations; Setting up and managing a law firm; Dealing with clients’ money; Marketing; Client care, and EAC freedom of establishment.
Having successfully completed the module, students should be able to:
- establish and manage a Law Firm successfully;
- Identify legal services provided for in the EAC Common Market Protocol;
- deal with client money effectively and in compliance with all applicable legal, and professional requirements;
- undertake case-management according to the professional standards;
- efficiently Manage one’s time and that of other law firm staff.